Thursday, March 26, 2009

Project Two: The Moral of the Story

Remember How I told you to remind me about being Optimistic? Well, here it goes... What I learned from this project was having a clear vision of our plan. By having a clear plan, everybody...meaning Felipe and I ... had a clear idea of how things were going to play out.

Learning from Eachother: Felipe and I worked together every step of the way. Sometimes interrupting to spit my idea out, I learned I have to listen before I speak... one idea write my thought down before I interrupt.

Ok, to the Moral: In such cases you can always be prepared, you can always have a plan. Yes, Plan A, Plan B and Plan C. But, in the end you have to remain positive and optimistic. At the Rally on March 7th as Felipe describes in his blog I was in a little panic.... Yes, I would say just a little...Don't ask Felipe though :)

But, overall Felipe was like "Come on dude, It's going to be alright. Don't worry! It's going to work." With just a little time, we refocused our plan and organized ourselves back at square one. We were back in business and the plan didn't flop. It was these words of encouragement that I often heed that were spoken to me in a time of anxious panic.

In my bio, you can read about my thoughts on how we precieve barriers. In one more moment, I had the chance to offer the same optimism in return. As Felipe worked on the Powerpoint all night and we were still up at 2am. Felipe worried we wouldn't be done in time for our presentation. Another worry, we wouldn't have time to practice. With encouragement, I said "Felipe, Don't worry we'll get it done and You'll do fine on the presentation" To much awe, we did finish our powerpoint in time and he rocked the presentation.

Overall, the moral is: Stay optimistic! In times of doubt, we can't consume ourselves in what if's and fears. We need to believe we can see over this horizon and remain positive. Many times we can’t see beyond our own clouded perception, a barrier that blocks our sight. But, as time passes, we begin to see our obstacles through a different lens, one that allows us to see optimism in the face of unknown fear. A time when we allow ourselves to percieve a different outcome.

A thought came to me... while reflecting on doubt and how to walk away from it. A reflection of something that was once good and now no longer exist. I sketched this quote on a napkin... it resolved a moment of perception I had... It may not make sense and have no cadence, but it made me think about where I stood.
"Never to be disappointed, we will always forgive good fortune"

In Closing:
Forever giving and Good will

No comments: