Friday, February 6, 2009

The Culmination, Part Dos!

Getting to Know my Team: Wow, what a concept! As we held our brainstorming meetings it became apparent that we were headed in the right direction. Even though our ideas were scattered I know we were going to work hard to develop a strategic plan for the Food Bank.

My partner In Crime: First impressions matter to some but for others who look beyond this facade I uncovered my partner in crime (for now) just kidding...Rachel.Working on our tasks at hand, we feed off of eachothers ideas and even laughter. There came a point during our 8 hour brainstorming Sunday that we became a little looney. Messing around on Pandora, Rachel became our DJ. Feeling a little Lionle Richie she played "Hello," I have never laughed this hard in a l...o...n....g time. Tears that's all I got to say! Our laughter was contagious to the point we couldn't look at eachother while the song still play in the background. I don't think I will ever think of Lionel the same!It was fun and we got a lot of work done. But, most of all I was glad that I got to meet and work with the person I know as Rachel. It is more than a first impression that we must walk away with when shaking a hand or smiling across the room because you'll never know if it will be your friend for life or partner in crime :) And when I mean partner in crime I mean "buddy."

Wrapping up one not-so-late night: With only 16 hours before our presentation, the group met to review our strategic plan. Seeing that we still needed to work on the Executive summary, Mission, Vision and other statements we divided into pairs to work on these unfinished items.

Tic Toc, Tic Toc! Next... The powerpoint. Inputting the data into the powerpoint was the next step. Although Rachel led the way in formatting the late night was creeping slowly upon us.

The Debate... Who's going to get the powerpoint printed... I volunteered all along, but others wanted to as well. In the end, I researched the location and costs and headed to the nearest Kinkos for a 12:00am print job! My partner in crime was with me so it really wasn't too bad but we were getting a little sleepy. My only concern was having bags under my eyes at the presentation... not really...but I thought about it :)

The Presentation: Everyone looked good and we had all our stuff ready. Awaiting minutes until we presented we were ready to rock 'n' roll! As we individually presented our piece there was a reflection of accomplishment. We were actually helping the food bank become a self-sustaining organization.

The End: We received great feedback from our panel! They encourage cohesion of ideas and more tools they can use to further support their organization. Overall, we did great for our first project. But, this would be the last time we will work as a group because on project 2 we will be split into 2 groups! Let the competition begin...

Our Reward: A ride on the Ski Train to go skiing at Winter Park!! Whoo hooo!

UP NEXT.... Skiing--What it means to be a beginner!

No comments: