Friday, February 27, 2009

Hello Roadrunners!!

If You Are... new to reading these Blogs...WELCOME!

Did you know? METRO STATE has the 2nd Largest Undergraduate student population in the State of Colorado? --Providing high-quality and Colorado’s best value in higher education.

Even though we are a Commuter Campus and we come from all walks of life. We attend METRO because we all know we have the potential and the ability to become GREAT!

I am excited to be a part of the Apprentice Challenge because I have always been a hands-on learner and what better opportunity to apply what I have learned than this challenge. As I mentioned in my application, the reason I want to be a part of this challenge was to see if I was ready for the Real World?

Opportunities like this is what METRO is all about... we are urban college campus central to Downtown Denver, a breeding ground for real life experiences (even though many of us, work 30-40 hour jobs and go to school full-time)!

If there is anything you get out of this BLOG... I want you to put yourself in my shoes while take on these challenges... the late night planning, the numerous phone calls, Plan A, B, C, & D, meetings galore and the satisfaction or disappointment (whatever the emotion maybe) of your bright idea being put into action...Oh and I forgot one last thing, the anticipation of the outcome.

This is me in the Apprentice Challenge, but what would I be without this opportunity?? I dunno. I guess I would still be day-dreaming about whether I was ready or good enough to take on a challenge--I would still be questioning whether I should take a chance on myself. Well I did.

This is why I like METRO: Its more than attending class and paying expensive parking fees. Its's the ability to take a chance on yourself--As if behind closed eyelids, we barely began to see.

I thank you for taking time to check out the Apprentice Challenge. Follow me as I tell crazy stories, you'll laugh (my friend Felicia does) and you get to hear what bright ideas we have!

Stay Tuned on this awesome adventure... I'll be sure to keep it lively!

Signing off... JESSE MARTINEZ... Until Next Time Roadrunners...

No comments: