Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tomorrow is Our Last Project Presentation

It'a a Wrap: Today was the last day for implementation.Calling me from downstairs and hands on her wait, I heard the echo my lovely and adorable lil' sis Lupita yelling " Jesse, you better hurray!" Out the door, we hussled to Castro to help setup! We ended up getting there around 6:30am.

Balloons: Whoever thought of the concept of Balloons, should truely win a humanitarian award. They make everything lively! Per Jeanine I was asked to help Felipe tie balloons around the walk site. To much delight the sky blue balloons picketed around the walk area gave a celebratory yet corral setup to walk.

Feature on Channel 4 News: To further cast our message of Trotting Thursdays, Channel 4 News was invited to capture students taking "baby steps to better health." Hence the pin up of baby blue and posters charting a course of replacing a cookie with an apple.

7:25am: Lupita has been there through thick and thin. She is the other teammate. From project 1 she has been in and out of meetings, kicking off projects, posting flyers around metro and sometimes keeping me, her bro on task. :) Knowing that she needed to be at school at 7:45am, she kept my phone in her pocket to remind me when it was getting close to 7:25am. The time we were going to leave.

Bro as I am often called, its 7:20am. We gotta go! Knowing that I wouldn't be back to help out with the remainder of the festivities, Lupita and I headed to my my silver Honda to take her to school. (The bell rings at 7:45am) She is my little sister and I love her lots! She keeps me in line and she's my buddy. Her aspirations.... I'm gonna be a fashion designer!

The Final Hours Until Presentation: This project has definately been different from all others. We have done the majority of our planning via email and brief check-ins. Being a regular communicator, this is new to me. But, everyone has there shot to be Team Lead. As the final hours pass until tomorrow's presentation. I will be preparing my portion of the presentation by outlining a sustainability plan for Live Well Westwood. My prior experience working for an elementary schools gives me some insight on what to include and I think its going to be a big help!

The Board Room: If you are reading this and have not purchased a ticket to the boardroom please do! We need all the support we can and If you so happen to wear a t-shirt with Team Martinez on...Thank you!. All I have to say is it has been an exciting time and I hope you can come join us and see all the hard work we put into our projects! I am glad and honored to be a part of the Apprentice and represent Metro State!

Good Luck to My Peers: Its been fun!

Want to know what happens tomorrow and what the judges say... just wait!

No comments: